Monday, August 23, 2010

Imagery Discussion - Part 2

Imagery is grreat because imagery is what people remember.

By linking the images together, you can creat a mood, a feeling.

Imagery gives color to words.

A cloud for instance, can be a puffy cotton ball slowly easing away in the western sky. Or a cloud can be a dark angry God tossing lighting bolts at the ground like crooked glowing speers.

Do you see how imagery paints a picture?

If you’d like to bounce some images off me, for my opinion, leave a comment or sign my guestbook.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Dan Speers said...

You wrote: "like crooked glowing speers. . .." I suppose as I get older, I'll grow more crooked, but unless the big one goes off, I'll doubt I'll glow much. This must be why most Gods toss spears--although a radioactive bent shaft is hardly aerodynamic.

Dan Speers
www.CitizenPoet.com